Re: GDL2 on Mac OS X, stage two

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GDL2 on Mac OS X, stage two
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 23:59:41 +0000 (GMT)

> > Then, I had to insert the compatibility headers, surrounded by "#ifdef
> > __APPLE__"
>
> Is there another way to check for OSX ?

I'm not sure when/if __APPLE__ is defined.  If you are running GNUstep
base on Apple (with the GNU runtime or maybe even with the Apple runtime),
assuming that to be possible at some point, I'm not sure what happens with
__APPLE__.

If the discrimination is to be based on whether gnustep-base is used, I'd
suggest instead

#ifdef GNUSTEP

for gnustep-only code, and

#ifndef GNUSTEP

for {non-gnustep}-only code.

We control this preprocessor define, and it will be defined this way
forever, and only iff you are using GNUstep (base). :-)

But if libFoundation is supported as well, maybe you need to mix that with
#ifdef LIB_FOUNDATION_LIBRARY I think.

> > No need for Makefiles on OS X with ProjectBuilder. All you need is the
> > .pbproj directory. And a nice place for the compatibility files.
>
> For PBX, not for PB. Anyway if there are no problems (Adam ??) I've no
> problems to add them.

I suppose the main problem is that keeping two separate build systems for
the same package can be quite tiresome.