Re: GDL2 - patches for OSX (1)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GDL2 - patches for OSX (1)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 01:16:36 +0000 (GMT)

> >> #ifndef __EODefines_h__
> >> #define __EODefines_h__
> >>
> >> #ifdef EOCONTROL_WITH_DLL
> >>
> > Hmm. I'm unsure about this one.  Shouldn't this be...
> > #ifdef GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL
> >

> No. You need to have a separate define for each library.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do (wasn't following the thread
- sorry for having been sort of absent in the past month - hopefully
personal things will settle down soon and I'll be able to be back online
full time).

There is a global macro, GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL, which is defined if compiling
on Win32.

If that's all what you want to check, check for GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL.

If you want to manage dllexport/dllimport, then - well first you want to
not dllexport/dllimport if GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL is not defined (that is, if
you are not under win32).

If the GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL macro is defined, then you have to manage
automatically dllexporting and dllimporting; and, as Adam says, you have a
separate macro defined for each library to know if the library itself is
being compiled, or something using the library (the macro is
BUILD_libXXX_DLL).

If the library itself is being compiled, you want export symbols in the
library using dllexport (to make them available to other code).  If
something else is being compiled which is using the library, you want to
declare symbols in the library using dllimport (to mark that you're using
them).

I suppose base and gui should provide clear examples for it - you can just
copy from there :-)