Re: GDL2 - patches for OSX (1)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GDL2 - patches for OSX (1)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:19:57 +0000 (GMT)

> >There is a global macro, GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL, which is defined if compiling
> >on Win32.
> >
> >If that's all what you want to check, check for GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL.
> >
> Yes that was what I meant.  Which brings up an interesting question...
> Do we support Apple's ProjectBuilder generated makefiles and makefile
> system, (which I believe Stéphane is using)?  Personally I would like to
> avoid this because:
> a) Maintianers need an OS X to verify that things are working
> b) Makefiles and headers will get cluttered with constructs to support
> both make systems

I hope this is very limited.  If this gets too messy or complex, then it
could of course be better not to support ProjectBuilder at all. :-)

But it seems quite reasonable what Stephane said - that #ifdef are going
to be mostly used to make a difference between GNU/GNUstep and NeXT/Cocoa,
and so would be required no matter what make system is used to build on
Cocoa.