Re: GDL2 - patches for OSX (1)

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: GDL2 - patches for OSX (1)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:26:28 +0100

Nicola Pero wrote:

But it seems quite reasonable what Stephane said - that #ifdef are going
to be mostly used to make a difference between GNU/GNUstep and NeXT/Cocoa,
and so would be required no matter what make system is used to build on
Cocoa.
So I interpret you correctly we should to something like:

#ifndef __AppKitDefines_INCLUDE
#define __AppKitDefines_INCLUDE

#ifdef APPKIT_WITH_DLL || GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL    <---------

#if BUILD_libgnustep_gui_DLL
#  define APPKIT_EXPORT  __declspec(dllexport)
#  define APPKIT_DECLARE __declspec(dllexport)
#else
#  define APPKIT_EXPORT  extern __declspec(dllimport)
#  define APPKIT_DECLARE __declspec(dllimport)
#endif

#else /* GNUSTEP_WITH[OUT]_DLL */

#  define APPKIT_EXPORT extern
#  define APPKIT_DECLARE

#endif

#endif /* __AppKitDefines_INCLUDE */

As this seems to be what would be needed to support this issue of Apple's build system.

Cheers,
Dave