Framework support in makefiles

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Framework support in makefiles
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 19:36:34 +0200

Hi,

How can I cleanly link to a framework with gnustep-make? Currently I am using
ADDITIONAL_*_LIBS = -lSomething. Why I am linking to a 'library' if I want to
link to a 'framework'? (Yes, I know that a framework is in fact a library and
there is a link to that library from Libraries directory).

Another question is, how can i link to a framework, that is not already
installed? I have a more complex project (suite) with several frameworks,
applications and tools. I would like to make users (and me) build it with
single make command in the source root directory. For example in StepTalk tools
I use:

ADDITIONAL_TOOL_LIBS += -lStepTalk
ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS += -L../Source/$(GNUSTEP_OBJ_DIR)

Now, say I have a source directory structure like this:
/Frameworks
   /FirstFramework
       *.[hm]
       GNUMakefile
   /SecondFramework
       *.[hm]
       GNUMakefile
/Applications
   /MyApp
       *.[hm]
       GNUMakefile

And I want MyApp to be linked with FirstFramework. Is there a similar way how
can i link to just built frameworks?

Thanks,

Stefan
--
http://urbanek.host.sk

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi