cvs commit mailing list

From: Alexander Malmberg
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:31:32 +0200

Hi,

In order to make it easier to keep track of new stuff in cvs, and to
make code review easier (more eyes => less bugs, and running "cvs diff"
all the time is cumbersome), I think it would be a good idea to create a
cvs commit mailing list.

Basically, each time something is committed to cvs, a mail would be sent
to this list with the log message and the diff against the previous
version (or, if size is an issue, a link to the diff, eg.:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gnustep/gnustep/core/back/Source/art/ftfont.m.diff?r1=1.34&r2=1.35&diff_format=h

). I've seen and used this in other projects, and in my experience,
having such a mailing list is a Good Thing. Comments? Thoughts?

- Alexander Malmberg