Re: Upcoming releases

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Upcoming releases
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:52:30 +0100

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 10:41 AM, Nicola Pero wrote:

The proposed steps are:

 1. make --enable-flattened the default (done!)

2. if library-combos are used, modify gnustep-make to install all headers
in Headers/$LIBRARY_COMBO/ rather than Headers/, and look for headers
there. (leaving -Ixxx/gnustep/ in place for the moment being).

Just an observation .... that seems ugly to me.
I didn't follow the technical discussion, so I'll just assume it's a technical necessity. Q. Is it necessary where we have a 'flattened' structure? If a flattened library structure also implies a flattened header structures, and flattened is now default, the ugliness
goes away and only the 'power' users will need to know about it.