Re: Upcoming releases

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Upcoming releases
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:59:18 +0200

David Ayers wrote:

Nicola Pero wrote:

3. modify gnustep-base and gnustep-gui to install headers in:

   {header dir chosen by gnustep-make}/Foundation/
   {header dir chosen by gnustep-make}/GNUstepBase/
   {header dir chosen by gnustep-make}/AppKit/
   {header dir chosen by gnustep-make}/GNUstepGUI/

   the reason why those libraries are to be done first is that they
compose the library-combo - having them in library-combo keyed directories when library-combos are used is one of our targets.

If you want to rearrange the headers inside the gnustep-base source tree itself, this would be a good occasion.

   Update all callers/users of gnustep-base-additions to include
   headers using #include <GNUstepBase/Xxx.h>.
I'll start on this right away...

As this also requires moving all gnustep/base/* gnustep/gui/* and gnustep/back/* files, I'd like to ask any outstanding changes to be commited now, and would ask you to wait until we've commited the change before doing any serious Header work. (I'd rather not trick -make into worrying about the transiitioning and commit these al togeter.) (Don't worry about my posted path, that header change is trivial.)

Thanks,
David