Re: [RFC] Header organization

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [RFC] Header organization
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:27:59 +0100

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 09:20 PM, Adam Fedor wrote:

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 02:12 PM, David Ayers wrote:

Hello Adam,

I can't find the reply about makeing GSLocal.h private or not int the archives. I think we wanted to keep it public, but I'm not sure anymore. Could you refreshen my memory?

I think we could make it public. It's possible it could be useful to someone.

I think making it public means we are committing to maintaining it ... ie keeping this API unchanged in future if at all possible. In my view, we should be trying to make sure that nothing we make public is going to need to be changed later. That's not an argument against making it public in particular ... just a general point of view I'd like to suggest as a general guideline for this restructuring.