Re: Proposal: NSBundle frameworkWithName:

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Proposal: NSBundle frameworkWithName:
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:17:55 -0600

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 10:37 AM, Stefan Urbanek wrote:

Is frameworkForClass: supposed to work for not loaded frameworks? If 'class' is a Class, then of course not, but if it is a class name, then it should. Functionality I am proposing is to be able to get framework bundle without knowing it's filesystem path. It should be by name, class or whatever identifier - no filesystem involved at all. Is there some method for that?

Aren't frameworks supposed to be loaded in by default? Wouldn't it be a bundle otherwise? I don't really know how frameworks are used in general, so perhaps I'm wrong. Do you have an example of how frameoworks would be used in a loadable (e.g. bundle) fashion?