Re: Debian and SimplyGNUstep

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Debian and SimplyGNUstep
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:29:27 -0600

On Sunday, October 5, 2003, at 09:30 PM, Chad Hardin wrote:

The burden of creating a completely new dsitro, by my self :-(, has become way too hard. At the current pace it simply would never get done!

So, I've decided to go on a new route:

I'm gonna make it a Debian Sarge based distro. Not a fork, just regular Debian with extra packages and a different install disc. There already is some gnustep deb stuff, but the Debian filesystem rules makes it strange because the gnustep stuff get's installed in strange places, as many of you know. I plan on making gnustep .deb packages which install in more user-friendly places, like /System, /Network, etc.

Sounds cool to me. I'd like to see an easy-to-install and/or pre-compiled collection of GNUstep apps and libraries.