[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: GNUstep on Cygwin
Re: GNUstep on Cygwin
Mon, 08 Dec 2003 21:34:20 +0100
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030821
Adam Fedor wrote:
On Sunday, December 7, 2003, at 10:06 AM, Fred Kiefer wrote:
Now I have problems with the path conversion. GNUstep make did set my
GNUstep system directory to c:/GNUstep/System. And now applications
are looking for the backend bundle in a directory below this.
Did you try --with-prefix=/usr/GNUstep
since Cygwin should work with that? Just wondering...
It does work with this. For me it was also sufficent to replace the
entries in GNUstep.sh with the /cygdrive/c/... notation and then things
worked fine. Still I think as Cygwin now supports c:\... as well, we
need to support this in base also.
In the meantime I also did give the GNUstep MinGW installer a try and
this works nicely for base, but has none of the libraries for gui and
back included. So I tried to download libtiff, libjpeg and so on. I used
the libtiff from he offical MinGW repository and this still does not
work. As I don't have access to my mail from my window environment I
needed to boot Linux again to find out which one to use. My impression
here is that a Cygwin based installation is still easier. If we would
offer an objc.dll to download all the external componentes would be
available via the standard Cygwin installation.
But as the Cygwin environment is now soemwhat working I will try to use
this. One of the remaining problems is that the connection to the gdnc
cannot be found. Could anybody please look into this? One workaround for
this has been suggested some time ago: We could add a switch to not try
this connection. If CVS ever gets back I will add a patch for this.
- GNUstep on Cygwin, Fred Kiefer, 2003/12/06
- Re: GNUstep on Cygwin, Adam Fedor, 2003/12/06
- Re: GNUstep on Cygwin, BALATON Zoltan, 2003/12/09
- Re: GNUstep on Cygwin, Fred Kiefer, 2003/12/17
- Re: GNUstep on Cygwin, Jeremy Bettis, 2003/12/17
- Re: GNUstep on Cygwin, Adam Fedor, 2003/12/19
- Re: GNUstep on Cygwin, Jeremy Bettis, 2003/12/19
- Re: GNUstep on Cygwin, Sheldon Gill, 2003/12/23
- Re: GNUstep on Cygwin, Alexander Malmberg, 2003/12/17
- Re: GNUstep on Cygwin, Fred Kiefer, 2003/12/24