Re: [Fwd: Report: GNUstep on Win32]

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Report: GNUstep on Win32]
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 11:30:12 +0100

Marc Ordinas i Llopis <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We are developing apps using GNUstep on windows, and I thought I'd
> try to describe all the steps we follow to create our
> environment. We mostly follow README.Mingw, so this is not in any
> way meant to substitute that doc, it's just a disorganized tale of
> problems we found and how we solved them.

Hi Marc,

Did you ever try the windows installer for base that is available?  I
know it will not work for you because it lacks XML support, but that
should be fixable.  Also, the current installer as we use it, contains
custom patches.  The decision to apply these patches is done at
install time.  Note this is not available at the installers on the
gnustep site,

I ask because it would be nice if we could create an appkit installer
as well.  We could create an appkit installer as well, but

(a)  We do not use appkit
(b)  I am not plannning to spend a significant effort on it

so I would be happy to collaborate with you to create the windows
installers.  This allows you to add your custom patches to it as well.

Wim Oudshoorn.