Re: Legacy applications and headers

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Legacy applications and headers
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:42:53 -0700

On Friday, March 19, 2004, at 11:37 AM, Nicola Pero wrote:

... because when we have precompiled headers in gnustep, there will be no
need for such an optimization on gnustep, so presumably we drop all the
conditionals and we just use #include <Foundation/Foundation.h> on all
platforms!  Yuppie!  :-)

That will make this discussion obsolete, will simplify headers and make
them simpler and more readable, and faster on gnustep.

I think you can leave with #ifdef GNUSTEP for now particularly given the promise that we'll drop it once we have PCH on normal gcc and gnustep-make
is able to use them. :-)

But won't we want to support older compilers as well? Or will we doom all older compilers to require using #include <Foundation/Foundation.h>?