[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:22:02 +0300
Doing some fixes in NSBrowser I come up to idea that NSBrowser needs some
reorganization. Let me explain what I mean.
NSBrowser.m has 3 classes NSBrowserColumn, GSBrowserTitleCell and NSBrowser
The idea is to sepearate classes location:
- NSBrowser stays in NSBroser.m
- NSBrowserColumn goes into AppKit/NSBrowserColumn.h and
- change GSBrowserTitleCell name to NSBrowserTitleCell and put into
AppKit/NSBrowserTitleCell.h and Sources/NSBrowserTitleCell.m
Notice that NSBrowserTitleCell.h and NSBrowserColumn.h can be installable or
also noticed that GSBrowserTitleCell is used by NSFontPanel so it should be
Is there any objections?
I've done some formatting inside NSBrowser.m also. The basic principles of this
1. Methods are placed in order specified in OpenStep specification.
2. Methods are grouped by activity prepending with comments in the form:
// Acttivity group description as described in OpenStep specification
3. GNUstep additions should go in category with name "GNUstepAdditions". Example
@implementetaion NSBrowser (GNUstepAdditions)
// GNUstep specific methods go here
4. Cocoa additions should go in category with name "CocoaAdditions" (there's no
specific code in NSBrowser, although).
5. Private method names should be prepended with "_" and go into category with
As a result it should make GNUstep code more maintainable and clean. Moreover,
documentation generated, we'll see GNUstep and Cocoa specific methods (if any)
from OpenStep standard's methods. I think there are other classes that needs
What do everybody think about adding such formatting rules info "Coding Style"
"Coding Standarts" document?