Re: GNUstep donations

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: GNUstep donations
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 17:27:08 +0100

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 08:37:58AM -0700, Adam Fedor wrote:
> Arg! Well after I got the ball rolling with SPI, RMS/FSF has come back
> and told me that they WILL handle small donations after all (via
> PayPal) and they would prefer I work with them instead of SPI. Although
> he said that the FSF will take 10% of all donations for FSF general
> operations. So what do you think? Should I blow off RMS and keep
> working with SPI?

For me the FSF is a known quantity, I haven't heard from
SPI before this discussion.  Also, because GNUstep is an
FSF project I would prefer the FSF option.
>From a quick loop at the SPI website it was not clear to
me how to donate money.  If they can not accept Canadian
dollars I don't know how it works from countries farther
away from the USA.  (But I know knothing on how to donate
to the FSF).

However, this is just my personal opinion, and because
I am actually contributing close to nothing to GNUstep
at the moment,  I would say you should ignore my
opinion on this and listen to the people actually
contributing.

Wim Oudshoorn.