[Fwd: App loses focus when menu hovers over another apps window]

From: Alex Perez
Subject: [Fwd: App loses focus when menu hovers over another apps window]
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 19:54:18 -0800

The below text was forwarded from gnustep-user

I'm having a weird and very annoying problem with GNUstep.

Basically, imagine I have Terminal.app open, and a terminal window on
the screen. Now I go and open ViewPDF app. When I navigate through the
ViewPDF menu, if the menu touches (or hovers over at all) the terminal
window then ViewPDF loses focus and the mouse completely screws up,
opening other submenus etc.

Please note, this is not a problem with my mouse. Nothing like this
happens with any other menus in non-GNUstep apps. Furthermore, it
*only* happens when the menu comes into contact with another GNUstep
window. But, it doesn't *always* happen either. And, it happens far
more often in some apps than others (for example, I don't think I've
ever had it happen in Gorm, but in ViewPDF it almost always happens).

I'm using the latest version of all GNUstep libraries (just compiled
them all yesterday), and WindowMaker 0.91.0 as my window manager.

Thanks,

Ben