Re: Mouse drags and the responder chain

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Mouse drags and the responder chain
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:32:20 -0700

On Jan 12, 2005, at 10:58 AM, Adrian Robert wrote:

I traced the behavior to [NSWindow -sendEvent:], which does the following:

            case NSLeftMouseDragged:
              v = [_wv hitTest: [theEvent locationInWindow]];
              [v mouseDragged: theEvent];
              break;

Drags are only sent to the object they are over. Thus, even if the scrollbar explicitly requests and gets firstResponder status from the window, it still won't get the events. I'm not sure how the implementation on OS X differs, but it might be that the drags are sent according to the responder chain instead of or in addition to the hit detection. Any thoughts? I'd like to get GNUstep working more similarly to OS X if we can figure out what it does, unless people think there is something incorrect about it.

Yes that looks wrong, but I'm not sure going up the responder chain is correct, although it's likely the effect is the same as my other idea, which is to use _lastView on all dragged events.