Re: [RFC] Automated QA build system

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [RFC] Automated QA build system
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:14:08 +0100

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On 24 Feb 2005, at 05:39, Alex Perez wrote:

I'd appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts on this (that includes all of the core devs).

I'd also like to set this up for win32, since that seems to be the thing that breaks fairly often as other patches go into -core.

Yes ... for win32 and bsd (and perhaps solaris) this would be really useful, as these systems are infrequently used and a problem there can go unnoticed in cvs for a long time as most developers do not have the time (or the machines available) to test on these systems.

I would like such an automatic test system. I am always feeling a bit uneasy about changes when I think of solaris systems. I don't have a chance to test on one and they really seem to be different.

I don't have any resources to offer here, but if people are willing to donate their time and machiens to build up such a system it surely be worthwhile.

Fred