Re: Problem compiling GNUstep-base with mingw32

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Problem compiling GNUstep-base with mingw32
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:05:35 +0100 (BST)

> Hi folks,
>
> I just compiled gnustep-make from CVS and installed it, then attempted
> to build GNUstep-base from CVS (as of about 20 minutes ago) and I get
> the following at link time:
>
>   Compiling file NSNumber12.m ...
>   Linking library libgnustep-base ...
> Cannot export .idata$4: symbol not found
> Cannot export .idata$5: symbol not found
> Cannot export .idata$6: symbol not found
> Cannot export .text: symbol not found
> Cannot export iconv_NULL_THUNK_DATA: symbol not found
> Creating library file: ./shared_obj/libgnustep-base.dll.a
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [shared_obj/libgnustep-base.dll.a] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [libgnustep-base.all.library.variables] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/c/progra~1/GNUstep/Development/Source/core-snapshot-02Feb2005/base/Source'
> make: *** [internal-all] Error 2
>
> Any ideas as to why this is happening?

... maybe an older compiler/building tools version ?  You need all the
very new mingw stuff.

Try following the instructions at

http://mediawiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Installation_on_Windows

(which need to be put in a more final form, and merged into README.MinGW)

Probably we should modify gnustep-make's ./configure to check the MinGW
version and complain if it is less than the minimum required (which I'm
not sure what it is, I suppose we just require the latest version for
now).

Thanks