Re: memory problem with utf8

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: memory problem with utf8
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 07:21:20 +0100

On 2005-03-31 23:54:43 +0100 David Wetzel <address@hidden> wrote:

hi folks,

I have a bug that shows up when I use utf8 string encoding. Memory is twice freed. On NetBSD, you can set

setenv MALLOC_OPTIONS AJ
to get a SIGABRT on that. See http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?malloc++NetBSD-2.0
for more information.

The following shows up when I use
setenv GNUSTEP_STRING_ENCODING NSUTF8StringEncoding
before starting the program

<snip>

NSISOLatin1StringEncoding as encoding does *not* crash, but then I do not get all fancy utf-8 chars...
We tried to debug that but I have no idea what may cause the problem.
If you are able to help, i can give you ssh access.

I could have a look at it ... but I'm going to be away on monday, tuesday, and wednesday. If you could reduce it to a small test program I can run on my laptop while travelling ... I could look at it even though I'll be away from my main computer.