Apple changed documentation for -[NSString stringByExpandingTildeInPath]

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Apple changed documentation for -[NSString stringByExpandingTildeInPath]
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 22:10:04 +0200

In August 2004, we had discussion about of documentation vs. actual behaviour of the -[NSString stringByExpandingTildeInPath] and similar methods on this list. Since the documentation was found to be unclear, I filed a bug at Apple against the documentation, including a code snippet to show the issue.

Well, Apple picked up the note and re-wrote the method description more clearly: <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/ ObjC_classic/Classes/NSString.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000154- stringByExpandingTildeInPath>.

Bottom line: It can take a while (to get to the public), but filing bugs at Apple isn't useless.

Have a nice weekend,
Markus

P.S.: All the methods handling C strings are in the depreceated section now.

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/