Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/back Headers/xlib/XGGState.h Sourc...

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/back Headers/xlib/XGGState.h Sourc...
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 09:03:45 -0600

On May 19, 2005, at 8:31 AM, Adrian Robert wrote:

Oops, I had looked at this, but not closely enough I guess. What I saw were a number of HAVE_LIBXXX #defines, including HAVE_LIBXFT, and then also the HAVE_XFT. Because the former was consistent with several others, I thought HAVE_XFT was the odd man out and was added by mistake at some stage. I had been planning to excise it later if no problems arose..

Now looking again I see that HAVE_LIBXFT occurs in 'configure' but not 'configure.ac'..

We should get rid of one and stick with the other. Are there any reasons to prefer XFT or LIBXFT? Currently the LIBXXX pattern is used for Xmu and Xext, while the XXX pattern is used for GLX.

HAVE_LIBXXX is set automatically by autoconf/configure when you check to see if a lib exists. The HAVE_XXX pattern is used more often when you need to check several things in order to make sure something is supported.