Re: Internal Error: The private GNUstep function to establish the argv a

From: Jürgen Lorenz Simon
Subject: Re: Internal Error: The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment was not called
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 12:53:19 +0200

On 3 Jun 2005, at 04:13, Sheldon Gill wrote:

Jürgen Lorenz Simon wrote:
Hi again,
just in case I ran a debugger on the deployment machine to extract a stacktrace:
GNUSTEP Internal Error:
The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
variables was not called.
Please report the error to address@hidden
Maybe it helps to localise the problem.

For some reason, either that the code isn't executing +load or (more likely) there is an issue with GS_FAKE_MAIN.

The easy way around this is:

main( int argc, char **argv, char **env)
{
  <your variable declarations>
  NSProcessInfo *thisProcess;

  thisProcess = [NSProcessInfo initializeWithArguments: argv
                                                 count: argc
                                           environment: env];

  <rest of your code>
}

although you might get it to work simply by using:

  thisProcess = [NSProcessInfo processInfo];

The hard way is to work out why the fake main/load-initialize isn't working right.

The first variant is invalid. The signature for the NSProcessInfo initialise call is:

+ (void) initializeWithArguments: (char**)argv count: (int)argc environment: (char**)env;

(from core/base/Headers/Foundation/NSProcessInfo.h) and thus the above call is impossible.
Apart from that, I have already tried that approach by trying this:

#include <unistd.h>
int main()  {
        // first thing:
        extern char** environ;
[NSProcessInfo intitializeWithArguments:argv count:argc environment:environ];
}

and it didn't work out. I'm afraid its not that. If you have more ideas, anything, please keep
them coming. Thanks so far!