gnustep_base_user_main() question

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: gnustep_base_user_main() question
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 21:34:43 -0400

Hi all,

I've been trying to compile a gnustep app on NetBSD but keep getting a linker error:

/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so: undefined reference to `gnustep_base_user_main'

From some googling, I found there used to be a header file 'fake-main.h', that did something like

#define main gnustep_base_user_main

which allowed an internal main() for the base lib to be called and skim off GS-specific arguments from the command line, before passing execution to the original 'main()'.

Now this header is gone, but the strategy is still used somehow but only on some platforms. In particular, it seems like Linux does not use it (evidently getting proc info from the system) but NetBSD does. My question: is there any way short of "#include <NSObject.h>" in my file with main() to satisfy things on a fake-main-using system? I'm having trouble tracing out what happens when fake-main is enabled in the config, and the references to 'gnustep_base_user_main' in the code are quite limited. Ideally, I would like to just manually put whatever #define is necessary in my main() file because including any Objective-C headers is not an easy option.

thanks for any clues..