Re: GNUstep bounty

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: GNUstep bounty
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:53:44 +0100

On 9/23/05, Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2005-09-23 07:08:09 -0600 Adrian Robert <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > Speaking of financial incentives, what ever happened to the paid
> > icons
> > project that started up last year?  Could someone from the UI  list
> > who might
> > be listening update us developers on that status?
>
> I should forward the email from Quentin if I can find it, but
> basically Jasper is still working on it, but since it has taken so
> long, he has decided to do the rest of the icons for free.

Basically, we gave 150$ (if i remember well) to Jasper in the beginning, as
a first payment. He started to work, but then after some promising icons he
stopped and was delayed for various reasons. Then he decided to make the
rest of the icons for free, as he was so late. The current icons and some
proposals can be seen here:
http://www.jasperhauser.nl/projects/gnustep/
(jasper even wrote a complementary guideline for creating icons.. note that he
misunderstood and he uses étoilé where he should have used gnustep ;-) (the
icon guidelines we wrote with quentin were for gnustep, not étoilé,
even if étoilé
uses them).

--
Nicolas Roard