Re: Is GNUstep Web alive?

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: Is GNUstep Web alive?
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 00:32:43 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 21:51:23 +0100 Stefan Urbanek <address@hidden> wrote:

 >| Hi,
 >|
 >| I was asked by a fried, whether GNUstep Web is still alive. "Of
 >| course" I said. However, he pointed me to the http://
 >| www.gnustepweb.org/ and under the News section there is:
 >|
 >| Download it...
 >|
 >| Tuesday 21st October 2003
 >|
 >| To retrieve the current version, please consult GNUstep CVS section
 >| on Savannah
 >| The module name is "gsweb" in dev-libs. You also need gsantlr and
 >| gdl2 or db libraries. You have to install GNUstep core and extensions
 >| parts before compiling GNUstepWeb
 >|
 >| Has anything changed since then?

Yes and no :-)
There were some minor bug fixes and speed improvement during 2005:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gnustep/gnustep/dev-libs/gsweb/ChangeLog

It doesn't evolve too much because it is stable.

 >| GNUstepWeb has all the potential to be The Killer App of GNUstep...if
 >| it only was alive. I know, that development is happening, but it is
 >| only because I am on the CVS mailing list. Are there any plans of
 >| making GNUstep Web public again?

I have no real plan about this but I'd like to. We should release a version
stable version. I think about this each time we release a GNUstep base version
but miss the train each time :-(

Any idea, comments and help are welcome !

Manuel