Creating relationship with Cocoadev Wiki

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Creating relationship with Cocoadev Wiki
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:38:33 +0100

What does the GNUstep community think of creating kind of official
relationship/partnership with the Cocoadev community?

How? Simply by referencing each others wiki from wiki navigation bar. In GNUstep
we would add Cocoadev wiki to the side bar [1] and we (I can do it, however
some GNUstep authority would be better) ask cocoadev community if they can link
to GNUstep wiki in some similar, very visible way.

Benefits for GNUstep:
- larger GNUstep 'cross-platform development' awareness of Cocoa community
- easy access to other Cocoa related knowledge/resources

Benefits for Cocoadev
- increased awareness of a platform that can make their applications somehow
portable - running on other platforms than OS X as well
- access to growing GNUstep-Cocoa knowledge (even at this moment it is not as
large as cocoadev)

In addition to this I would suggest to add wiki link prefix, for example
"cocoadev" for referencing cocoa sites. AFAIR, this is done directly in the
database, I am not sure whether this is editable through web interface in the
newest version. That will result in ability to write links such as:
[[cocoadev:NSString]].

Any thoughts and suggestions?

Regards,

Stefan Urbanek

[1]http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Layout_customization#How_do_I_add_an_editable_Left_Menu
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi