Re: Source code move to SVN

From: Andy Ruder
Subject: Re: Source code move to SVN
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 05:04:27 -0600

> If you do a reimport, could you please make sure to preserve the changes
> I already made inside of SVN? It would be a shame if my changes would be
> the victim of the initial SVN problems. Please remember I was the one
> that warned that some smaller problems are very likely to pop up in the
> first two weeks and that we should not be using SVN without a test
> phase. This was voted down, but now I seem to be the only one actually
> using SVN :-)

True, you did warn of this.  And yes, I have noticed that there are
two patches sent to the new svn repository and a few that were made
after the cvs2svn conversion so I will consolidate everything and make
sure that shows up in the import.

I am (I believe) running the final cvs2svn conversion.  I wrote a
program to diff the differences in trunks between all the subprojects
(CVS vs. svn) and went through the 40,000 diff to see some valid
newline changes (people committing windows-style newlines) and many
were just keyword changes ($Revision$ etc..)  However, there were
still a few "Binary files differ" but I think I have added the changes
for all of these now.  (Ended up being around ~1500 lines of binary
file exceptions, eek).

> BTW, will we have mails for SVN code changes again? It was a rather nice
> feature just to see if an update was worthwhile or not.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to sign up for svn notifications on
gna.org.  I remember reading about it at one time.

- Andy