Re: Subversion problems on windows

From: Andrew Ruder
Subject: Re: Subversion problems on windows
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 08:22:29 -0600

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 01:43:16PM +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> My understanding of the svn docs is that individual users can specify
> (based on file extension) default rules about which files use
> 'native' line termination if no property is specified in the
> respository.  If that's the case, it would make sense to me to have
> no properties specifying conversion in the repository, so users can
> set up their own personal rules.

IIRC, there are auto-props which can be setup to automatically add the
svn:eol-style: native property to files when they are added (called
auto-props) but as far as I know, there is no way to get the svn client
to do the conversion without the props.  The UTF-16 stuff definitely
needs the property removed though.

- Andy

--
Andrew Ruder