Re: libgnustep-base split proposal

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: libgnustep-base split proposal
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 21:34:34 +0100

Chris Vetter wrote:
On 2006-02-26 03:12:10 +0100 Alex Perez <address@hidden> wrote:

Hear, Hear! This should be the default location. The other gnustep junk can still live in /usr/gnustep or wherever else, but the libs should be in *STANDARD FHS LOCATIONS*.

Uhm ... 'scuse me, this is all good and stuff, BUT...

... NOT everyone is using GNUstep on a system that adheres to a _LINUX_ specific "standard". Bash me, if you want, I just checked the FHS' web site, and as far as I can see, the only system this so called standard is targeting is Linux. Or rather the other way around, Linux is the only system 'using' the FHS. So calling the FHS a standard is a bit over the top.

Maybe using pkg-config would solve this... although I do not know how portable pkg-config is to other platforms...

Dennis

--
"It is not necessary to change.
 After all, survival is not mandatory."