Re: Gorm/ProjectCenter inclusion into GNUstep Startup

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Gorm/ProjectCenter inclusion into GNUstep Startup
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 21:17:19 -0600

On May 28, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Alex Perez wrote:
How about you just simply ask the user at the START of the Startup script whether or not they want Gorm, and whether or not they want ProjectCenter (with a one-sentence explanation of what they are, and that they are dev tools), via a Y/N prompt. If they don't answer within 10 seconds, assume they don't want them downloaded/built.

Well, if we are going for something really simple, after core installation, why not start up a simple 'Welcome To GNUstep' splash screen with a button that says 'Install Developer Tools?' or whatever. At least then we could show the tools compiling in a separate window while the user verifies that GNUstep actually works (which was one of my goals with Startup).