Re: [Gnustep-cvs] GNUstep Testfarm Results

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] GNUstep Testfarm Results
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:41:30 -0600

On Aug 14, 2006, at 7:22 AM, Fred Kiefer wrote:
In the most recent GSString.m version these methods are there only once. The first one is obsolete anyway, see NSString, where it gets defined as
calling the second one. As this in now the only remaining usage of
substring_c, we could try to do the inlining ourselves and put the code
from the function inside the method. If this alone does not resolve the
compilation issue, we could try to rework the actual code. Here the
interesting question could be why the similar which calls substring_u works.

No, both substring_c and substring_u have the problem Removing the inlining or moving the struct definition out of the function block solves the problem.