Re: GUI/Gorm code freeze

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: GUI/Gorm code freeze
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:01:39 +0200

On 2006-08-26 18:27:12 +0200 Gregory John Casamento <address@hidden> wrote:
This would make a lot of sense.... although... I thought we already had a list like that here:
https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?group_id=99
It would be better to track this as a set of tasks so that the process is less ad-hoc.

Ah, yes, I thought I remembered having seen it but couldn't find it anymore. Cool. At least the Wiki should link to it.

However that brings me to another question that may look like flame-bait...

Let's say there's a framework that implements one or more 'wanted' classes but are licensed under, say, BSDL. Would it be permissible to add those classes to GNUstep (since it's LGPL) or would those classes have to be 'handed over' to FSF, changing the license in the process? And what if the author doesn't want to change the original license but adds a section that additionally puts the code under LGPL (that is, as a dual license) provided / as long as the code is used in GNUstep?

I honestly do not know, but would like to...

--
Chris