question to backend/gui guru...

From: xavier . glattard
Subject: question to backend/gui guru...
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 17:59:00 +0200

Hello

I intend to write a SDL+OpenGL application based on gnustep.

I can use gnustep-base without problem, but i'd like to use some parts of
gnustep-gui (event management, ...) without any graphic or window
class/function.

SDL dont provides any graphic function, and I dont want to write à full
SDL+OpenGL backend !!
I dont want to rewrite gnustep in any way. I only want to compile the classes i
need in gnustep-gui. But I understand I would have to write a partial backend,
a "SDL-server", like "win32" or "X11" ones (i hope i can do that...)

I wonder if it would be easy (or at least feasible) to split/compile
gnustep-back and gnustep-gui in two parts : "server" and "system" on one side,
and "graphics" and "gui" on the other side.
(and then use only (SDL-)server/system)
Any informations about dependances between classes will be welcome ! Its quite
obscur for me... :o\

In brief : feasible or not ?  thnks in advance !

Xavier