Re: Advertisement for gnustep

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: Advertisement for gnustep
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:29:31 +0200

Adam Fedor wrote:

On Sep 9, 2006, at 11:49 PM, Gregory John Casamento wrote:

Adam,

Is it an ad for new developers or an ad urging end-users to try GNUstep?

It's more of an add to get more help, but I think getting more users would provide the same benefit.

Maybe the best way to promote the GNUstep project is to set goals.
Create an overview of the current state and the milestones.
Give developers triggers where they can make contributions and what is in it for them.

We all know GNUstep can be the best desktop environment around and we can beat everything that was (maybe even that will be). The trick is to get people in. So tell honestly what is missing, where they can make their hands dirty (cairo integration springs to mind).

Just my 2 cents.

Dennis