Re: question to backend/gui guru...

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: question to backend/gui guru...
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:13:42 +0200

On 11.09.2006, at 20:59, address@hidden wrote:

I take some time to look inside NSApplication code. This class highly depends
on graphic display. It seems to me that it would be easier to write a
SDLApplication class with a partial NS-like interface, and then use the only AppKit classes that dont need any display output (not so easy to find :-\ ) And i will follow your advice and create a scaledown SDL backend that will
only handle events.
I might also need a SDLWindow class (singleton!) to receive window specific
events (iconify, expose...), and maybe a SDLOpenGLView class...

What are you actually trying to come up with? And what AppKit classes would you need exactly in your code? SDL already gives you a lot of this functionality you mention. So it might be easier to just use gnustep-base + SDL for what you have in mind? This is straight forward today, when I did it years ago I had to cleanup the SDL source first, removing all the variables called 'id' ;-)

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip