Re: GNUstep Base on Windows

From: Jeremy Bettis
Subject: Re: GNUstep Base on Windows
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:44:16 -0500

Daniel Almeida wrote:
Is there any possible way to compile GNUbase on Windows on a straight-forward way, only with the command line and a gcc compiler, like mingw32? I use DevCpp++ and would like to use gnustep-base without the need to have cigwin installed (a bash and everything else)... Also, the hability to compile everything (base, backend, gui, etc) separatly seems to be interesting (adleast to me!)

You need to use Msys, which is the mingw equivalent to cygwin. It includes bash and all of that hoopla, but in a simpler way that doesn't mess up your paths.