XPM support for NSImage

From: Hubert Chan
Subject: XPM support for NSImage
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:27:26 -0500

I have written a class to add XPM support to NSImageRep.  I wrote it
following the same style as the other bitmap format support in GNUstep,
so it should be easy to integrate.  Would there be any interest in
including this in GNUstep?  (I haven't signed the FSF copyright
assignment for GNUstep (yet).)

I have lightly tested it, but I still want to try it out with more XPM
images to make sure that it does the right thing.  There is also an
unresolved issue related to named colours in the XPM format: XPM allows
files to reference colour names from X11's rgb.txt, and I'm not sure
what is the best way to do the lookup in GNUstep.

It depends on libXpm, which is included in X11, or available from
http://koala.ilog.fr/lehors/xpm.html.  I'm not using any of the
X11-specific functions from that library.

Anyways, here is a tarball with the XPM class.

Hubert Chan - email & Jabber: address@hidden - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)