Re: OpenGL and MS Windows : done ;-)

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: OpenGL and MS Windows : done ;-)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:33:56 +0000

On 30 Jan 2007, at 18:01, address@hidden wrote:

Hi all

Here is a patch to GS backend.

http://amstradstuff.free.fr/GNUstep/back-Win32GL-070130.patch.gz
http://amstradstuff.free.fr/GNUstep/back-Win32GL-070130.new.tar.gz

You can now use NSOpenGLView under MS Windows

It's based upon the X11 code, it doesnt do more (actually less!) and has not
been fully tested, but it works with my Gears toy
(http://amstradstuff.free.fr/GNUstep/gnustep-gears-1.0.tar.gz)

Thanks very much.  I applied your patch.

If you have time, you might help me to answer some questions about the
differences between Gears under X11 ans Gears under Windows. Probably some
RunLoop and event management issues that i'd be pleased to get solved.
(you might need a linux box and a windows box...)

I can try ... but most likely we would need some really tiny sample program to demonstrate any oddities, so we could run under debug.