Re: Problem with gnustep trunk

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: Problem with gnustep trunk
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:33:48 +0200

On 2007-03-16 13:04:30 +0200 Nicola Pero <address@hidden> wrote:

Unfortunately, for me not. I still get:

"File NSUserDefaults.m: 580. In [NSUserDefaults +standardUserDefaults] Improper installation: No language locale found"

with any application or tool...

Thanks Enrico ... I'm not sure why ... can you provide me/us with some more info to find/fix the problem ? :-)

It seems that the problem appears when you have an old "/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/Resources" together with the new one.

Oh ... I see, thanks! :-)

<hopeful> Did the problem go away after a clean reinstall then ? :-)

Yes, if with "clean reinstall" you mean to remove all your GNUstep directory,
as I've done before understanding where the problem was :-) But it is sufficient to
remove the old Resources directory.
But I've to suppose that *many* people have
"$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Libraries/Resources"; perhaps NSBundle should not
try anymore to load resources from it even if it exists...

Thanks