Re: GNUstep on Windows - libm5.dll caveat

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Windows - libm5.dll caveat
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:41:56 -0700

On Nov 29, 2007, at 5:23 AM, Christopher Armstrong wrote:

I know this message is probably "noise", but couldn't think where else
to put it. Maybe useful as an example of one of those hairy and bizarre
problems that occurs. I've spent all week trying to figure it out.

No it's great. I wish more people would talk about their experience on Windows.

My current problem is on a 64bit machine - every program just dies when it tries to do a trampoline (via libffi - ffcall doesn't even compile). There's no reason and no way to catch it, it seems. Funny thing is, this only occurs when you run the program from a different directory than your current dir. If you run it from the same directory, it works (trampolines still fail, but at least the program doesn't die).

I wonder if anyone else has gotten it to work on a 64 bit machine.