Re: GNUStep Alternative to CGImage

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: GNUStep Alternative to CGImage
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:25:53 +0000

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Justin Kendrick
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to write an open-source clone of Core Animation to use with
>  GNUStep.  Of course, CA's interface is fairly highly coupled with
>  Quartz/CoreGraphics, mainly in its use of CGImage to pass image data
>  in and out.  NSImage seems heavier-weight, with its representation
>  system, but I don't know if NSImageRep is really suitable for that.
>  Does anyone on the list have more perspective on this?

You can create a NSBitmapImageRep from a pointer to a byte array --
hard to think of anything leaner.
On the other hand for CoreAnimation, you may be more interested by
using Cairo directly ?

--
Nicolas Roard
"Java, the best argument for Smalltalk since C++ " -- Frank Winkler