Re: bindings and Renaissance

From: Xavier Glattard
Subject: Re: bindings and Renaissance
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:19:16 +0000 (UTC)

Selon Nicola Pero <address@hidden>:

> > 3) the 'sendActionOn' attribute seems broken, the textField only
> > 'act' when i
> > press the Enter key. Is it a Renaissance issue ?
>
> I'm not sure when textFields are expected to send their actions.
> On Apple Mac OS X they seem to send their action when you press the
> 'Enter' key, so I suppose that would match the GNUstep behaviour ?
>
> That might be desirable after all.  Eg, if you have '34' in your
> textField and want to change
> it to '49', you may select the text, delete everything, then type '4'
> then type '9', and you only
> want the stepper to be updated when the final text is completed, ie,
> the 'Enter' key
> is pressed :-)

You're right, but i thought one could change this behavior if needed.
Actually if you type '49' (or anything) then leave the field (with TAB or a
mouse click) the action is not triggered. This conforms to the Cocoa reference.
I just read carefully the [sendActionOn:] reference and found out that only some
mouse events are checked. But nothing changes with stepper.gsmarkup : the
textField only acts when i press Enter.

And i can't check the MacOS behavior.

Thanks

xavier