Re: [RFC] Locale handling fix

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [RFC] Locale handling fix
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:59:05 +0100

On 10 Jun 2008, at 22:05, David Ayers wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I here is a patch I have hat locally but never had the chance to verify.
I'm personally uneasy about committing merely because of the timing.
But I thought I'd bring it up for review just in case folk believe it is
obviously correct.

It matches the decoding key for thousands separator with the encoding
key. (Maybe the correct fix is the other way around wrt compatibility).

I checked ... the fix *is* the other way round. The key is NS.hasthousands.
But it looks like encoding is not supported anywauy/

It also fixes stringForObjectValue: to respect the current locale wrt
thousands and decimal separators.

This code looks reasonable enough to me.