Re: Installation woes for the average user...

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Installation woes for the average user...
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:02:08 -0600

I guess I was just ranting for the most part... :) I just hate having to recompile all my software after upgrading the libraries.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:

On 5 Mar 2009, at 13:35, Stefan Bidigaray wrote:
If I can rant a little... GNUstep also gets way behind when it comes to releases.  How long has it been since the last collective release?

2 months.

Why isn't GNUstep releasing more stable releases?  It seems everytime a new release of the core packages are out I need to recompile everything because it breaks ABI.  Rarely do I see a x.x.1 release.

FYI, the last stable release branch of the base library went from 1.16.0 to 1.16.4
The previous one went from 1.14.0 to 1.14.4
The current one is still 1.18.0 but a few minor bugfixes have occurred, so there might be a 1.18.1 release fairly soon.