Can't build Hello World on Windows

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Can't build Hello World on Windows
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 02:00:02 +0200

After hacking on Xcode / Mac OS X 10.4 for some months it appears to be time to port the result to it's main destination: Windows XP. So I went to gnustep.org and downloaded the "stable" packages for Windows. Installation went smoothly, including ProjectCenter and Gorm.

To check the environment I attempted to build the application template coming with ProjectCenter. At first I put this to C:, hit "build" (side note: tooltips are text-less) and ... ProjectCenter just hung. Showing something like "waiting...".

More clicking around and trying to recover ProjectCenter brougt up a message like "can't find /usr/bin/make". Indeed, make.exe is in C: \GNUstep\bin .

So I went to the shell, the one coming with GNUstep, and moved the entire project folder to the Home of the unixy file tree. In theory, one can run make from the shell just as fine as from ProjectCenter, right? For the result, please see the attached image:

PNG image

"undefined reference to 'address@hidden'". Whatever that means.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Markus

P.S.: The system is XP SP2 with just GNUstep installed in qemu-system- i386.

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/