Exception handling in clang

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Exception handling in clang
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 10:55:49 +0100

Hi Everyone,

I've just committed initial support for 'zero-cost' exception handling in clang. Currently this only works for @finally and for @catch'ing id types (I plan on fixing that limitation soon). I'd appreciate it if anyone who has code which uses exceptions could test this. The support should currently be enough for anything using NS_DURING and friends to compile with zero-cost exceptions, rather than setjmp/ longjmp.

As always, please let me know if you find any cases where this is broken.

David