Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r28443 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/GSTextSt

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r28443 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/GSTextStorage.m Source/NSTextView.m
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:58:37 +0200

Gregory Casamento schrieb:
> Author: gcasa
> Date: Sat Aug  8 09:08:23 2009
> New Revision: 28443

> Log:
>       * Source/GSTextStorage.m: In initWithCoder: don't overwrite the
>       contents of the text storage by attempting to unarchive when the
>       unarchiver is keyed.
>       * Source/NSTextView.m: In initWithCoder: retrieve the contents
>       of the text storage for display in the text view.
>
> Modified:
>     libs/gui/trunk/ChangeLog
>     libs/gui/trunk/Source/GSTextStorage.m
>     libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSTextView.m

Greg,

I see that you are again working on the decoding of NSTextView. But I
still don't see where you are aiming at. Last time I asked you to
provide an example of the code or NIB file that isn't working. This
still would be very helpful.

I think you found a bug in the GSTextStorage coding, this class never
should encode itself, it is part of the class cluster NSTextStorage and
this class should do the whole coding and decoding. But there is also a
bug in the coding of the super class NSAttributedString,

Fred