Re: KVC behaviour on accessor methods with unsupported types

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: KVC behaviour on accessor methods with unsupported types
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:05:42 +0100

On 18 Aug 2009, at 18:44, Eric Wasylishen wrote:

Hi,
I noticed that if you have getter/setter methods with return/ argument types not supported by KVC (for example, SEL), trying to get or set it using KVC throws an exception on GNUstep, while on OS X 10.5, valueForUndefinedKey: or setValue:forUndefinedKey: are called.

I've attached a test program along with a patch for GNUstep base which changes the behaviour to match OS X.

Thanks very much.  I applied your patch to gnustep svn.